In accordance with the Government’s State of Emergency Order 65 and the declaration of COVID-19 Alert Level 2 for the country, the general public is hereby advised that effective from Monday, 31st January 2022 to Friday, 11th February 2022, the following shall apply:
- For all Exchange Control matters, the Central Bank of Samoa (CBS) will remain open to the public from 9:00am to 2:00pm during this period;
- Notwithstanding this, we also encourage the submission of any export permit applications and capital payment requests or enquiries through our email (email@example.com) for electronic processing.
- The public is also encouraged to contact our staff on phone numbers 34101, 34153 or 34178 on any exchange control matter, before visiting our office.
- For the replacement of damaged banknotes, this service continues to be provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00am to 1pm;
- In view of the above CBS services and all others of the general public intending to visit the CBS Building for matters relating to the Ministry of Finance and our other tenants, please adhere to the following:
- Facial masks must be worn before entering the CBS Building and must be worn at ALL times while within the premises.
- Must hold a valid COVID-19 vaccination card AND valid identification as required before permitted inside the Building.
- Use our hand sanitizer available on the Foyer Desk when entering the building.
- Strict social distancing will be enforced in the CBS Building and premises at all times.
- Children (12 years and under) are not permitted in the CBS Building at any time.
- The above restrictions also apply to ALL employees and consultants working in the CBS Building, or anyone inside the building.
In view of any elevation to the nationwide COVID-19 Alert Level to Level 3 during this period, this notice will immediately cease and become invalid.
May our Heavenly Father continue to protect and guard over Samoa during this time.
31 January 2022